Sunday 13 October 2013

Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey y'all!

So a quick update on life since my last post:
- School is going fine. Module 5 is almost done (1st module of 4 of my second year at Chiropractic college)
- My self assessed level of maturity says I could do better but am doing okay. I have been sleeping in too much this module (on time for classes but not taking advantage of potential time awake in the morning to spend time with God and do errands) which is something I can fix.
- With sports, hockey has started on Tuesday nights and our team is pretty strong this year! Our graduating class has also organized a ball hockey league with all the guys and that has been a blast so far this year. Finally, I have started curling again! Curling is on Thursday nights so I am keeping myself busy on top of school.
- Church is doing well with a new pastor from Arizona and our young adults group are doing a devotional reading through the gospels a chapter a day. So that is going well.

Okay now onto the good stuff that has gave me some inspiration for this post!
So I spent Thanksgiving weekend this year at home in New Brunswick! This is the first time in 7 years that I have done this! I decided the pony up the dough to fly out because I wanted to see the family for the holiday because I am thankful for them no matter what! I love my family and miss them so it is always a pleasure to see them and put a smile on my parents faces ;)
Also! There was another little incentive for coming home this weekend. I got to attend the wedding of RB and DM! Well it's now RM and DM :P. The wedding was beautiful as these two have been through so much in their lives and have stayed faithful to God through thick and thin and now they have more joy and peace then they could ever have imagined. Seeing everyone so happy and hearing the heart warming speeches and toasts really made for an emotional yet super happy occasion.
Something else happened to me this weekend. I met a girl who is absolutely stunning and adorable all at the same time. A nice homey girl with a smile that could light up a room. So as I inquired more about her after that day, It turns out she is interested in someone else unfortunately (for me). It does give me hope though! Sometimes I believe all the good ones are taken as anytime I think their is a potential girl for me it turns out she is taken. There is a ton beautiful woman in this world but finding one that loves Jesus and has the right mix of crazy that fits me can be difficult. Since losing SM last year, this girl was the first girl I met that I have had feelings like this for. So that is a good sign I think. The moral of the story is meeting this girl this past weekend has given me hope. My goodness she's an angel I'm sure haha.
God's got my love life under control so it's best not to worry and stick to what I can control and that is my relationship with Him and who I am as a man of God. God will provide me a godly woman to love the way Jesus loves us. I promise that is exactly what I will do ;)

SONG OF THE POST:
This song is a beauty from the very talented Keith Urban and I hope to some day play this for my girl. I look forward to days where we make memories of us. This song does a great job of expressing how I hope to show my woman how much she means to me.

VERSE OF THE POST:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of you faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4

Great verse! Lord make my wants and desires match what you want and desire for me. Make me the man you want me to be and that I need to be. In due time all will be complete as I am patient, obedient, and trusting in God. God is good and He does all things well.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!

All the best and God bless,
John

1 comment:

  1. Ok Johnboy, you've got me guessing. You are so right. Keeping worshiping while you wait...and I LOVE that song. I can't wait for your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete