Saturday 12 January 2013

#Beastmode engaged!

Welcome back,

So the second set of exams are starting up next week here at CMCC and it is crunch time for everyone to get prepped for them. As for myself, I'm not feeling stressed as I feel confident I have retained plenty to get by, I'm just studying in hopes to shoot for the moon and try to maintain my goal of a high average. So the next couple weeks will be busy and tiresome but as long as I work hard and keep the Lord involved I will do just fine!
Met with my mentor this past week and it is a blessing to have someone who understands what I've been through and who has the wisdom to help me out. This whole mentoring this is a great thing to have and it's something everyone should take advantage of. Having those meetings every blue moon is good to just talk over how things are in life, how my spiritual walk is going, just to make sure we are living to be all we can be. I think I would make a pretty good mentor to some of the younger guys I've grown up with back home. That's why I've let them know I'm available to do so if they want a mentor.
So the NHL is finally done it's precious lockout. The owners and players will be back to making money and the fans will finally get the quality of hockey we've missed. Mind you juniors and AHL are good but the there is just something about the pursuit of the Holy Grail Lord Stanley that brings out the best in us. Also, this means that Fantasy hockey is back! Just another thing that has the potential to consume my life. Hopefully my teams do well this year and I manage them to perfection because there is potential for some cash prizes this year!
Also watched "Sherlock" again the other day. Such a good show! I remember a thought I had last year with regards to him and my work. I hope to be as good as Sherlock with observing my patients and knowing what is wrong with them before doing physical tests. It would be so neat to be that smart and logical.
Finally, (on a more personal note) I feel more temptation the past few days and I think it is because I haven't been in the Word the past few days because I have had school earlier and I slept in once. Boy oh boy is the Devil sneaky. I find myself thinking dangerous thoughts that in the past have led me astray. You see, I've struggled with a particular sin for a long time in my life because when I was younger I didn't set up the proper armor of God for myself to battle it and so I got caught up in the sin and trapped. Habits were formed so it has been hard to shake. Since my wake up call last Fall (2012), I've been filled with the Spirit and feel a new desire to battle the sin and be obedient to God for the love of God and for the love of my future wife. So, even though the temptation has crawled back the past couple days, I am amazed at how God flipped a switch in my life last Fall and the temptation has been almost gone. So PTL (praise the Lord) for His victory over sin that I can hold onto in my life.
Thanks for stopping by and reading! Comment below!

All the best and God bless,
John

VERSE OF THE WEEK:
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plants to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

(even though life may not be what you expected it to be, God is so faithful to His people. It is encouraging to know that God has my life planned out and it will be a great one because of Him.)

SONG OF THE WEEK:
"A Thousand Years" - Christina Perri.
Discovered this song while studying and it is beautiful. "I have loved you for a thousand years, and I will love you for a thousand more". As a Christian man, I vow to love and be faithful to my wife even before I meet her and love her forever after that so the concept of already loving someone a thousand years reminds me of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment