Saturday 5 January 2013

Here's to the next chapter of my open book life



Hello!

First of all, Happy New Year and welcome to my blog! 

This is my first time officially "blogging" since I did blog a bit back in the day on a website called "Xanga". Essentially this blog will be similar with me writing about stuff that happens in my life and being an outlet of thoughts, feelings, and hopefully some wisdom. I hope to update this thing weekly or anytime I feel called to write. I will also try to include Bible verses or quotes that have touched me as well as 'song of the week' since I always find myself having a favourite song of the week that gets played a bunch so I think I'll share that.

I have always considered my life an open book as I have nothing to hide in my life which allows me to freely and honestly answer any question asked. Sometimes in life this sucks because, since I'm human, I do make mistakes and people, including myself, get hurt. This blog will be an extension of my open book life and I hope you enjoy the read!

My reason to starting this blog is that my life went through one of its largest changes last fall with me starting a new school (Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College), moving to a new city (Toronto), and losing one of the most important relationships in my life (my friend of 5 years and girlfriend of almost 3 who I will refer to as SM for her identity sake). With all these changes, I have felt that I have grown immensely with my walk with Jesus and have truly woken up to the potential of my life. It was a painful wake up call but I have finally shaken myself out of the auto-pilot mode I've been in the past couple of years and am really excited to see how God will change my life for the better now that I am going to be proactive in being all I can be. With all this growth, I've decided to share the journey God is going to take me on with you, my readers! (if I get any haha). It still feels good to share even if no one reads it I suppose. 

Well this is the first entry and I hope you enjoyed it. I will be giving background to my life and share my experiences as I continue to blog. I hope you enjoy and please contact me or comment to let me know what you like or dislike!

All the best and God bless!
John 

VERSE OF THE WEEK:  (keep with the growth theme of my life)
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
- 1 Corinthians 13:11

SONG OF THE WEEK:

1 comment: