Wednesday 30 January 2013

The more I learn about myself, the more I fall in love with God

Yo yo whats up everyone! haha

I was wanting to write last night but I was tired after hockey where yours truly scored a power play goal in the dying seconds of the game to send it to overtime! Too bad we lost. This blog is about me and the story that my life has to tell so expect there to be a few mentions of hockey because I love the game!
What I wanted to write about is the complexity of our bodies and how amazing God truly is! As I continue to learn more and more about how the body is designed and how it functions, I continually am reminded that God had a purpose in mind when designing us.
For example, have you ever looked at the anatomy of our bodies? It is amazing how everything is in the right place to function properly. This past week we have started our "Head and Neck" anatomy course and the complexity of how the Cranial nerves come from the brain and move around the skull to activate muscles, provide sensation to parts of the head and face, and provide signals to glands, is crazy. I swear more than half of the people in class have their heads spinning. I am blessed to be able to take in the info fairly quickly and by reviewing it I am at least holding up to some information.
Back to the beauty! It is amazing how as we develop before we are born, all our nerves, muscles, and bones, even though they all grow at different times during development, grow the perfect way around each other so that our bodies work! Just go and take a look at the complexity of our body with how the muscles, nerves, arteries, organs, bones, and everything else in our body are all perfectly placed in our body for our function! It is amazing and I am so glad God designed us the way he did.
Also, take a look at the physiology and biochemistry in our bodies. The processes that break down and build up molecules and elements in our bodies have so many checks and balances that they run so smoothly without any external invention needed.
Now I know in this world there are diseases and conditions that gums up the works and our bodies don't function properly. It is sad to see these effect loved ones for sure. But again it is amazing how the knowledge we gain can be used to understand how the diseases happen and develop a way to fix them.
Personally I look forward to helping people who come to see me with a problem that they just can't figure out or know what to do with so I can solve the mystery and save the day...so to speak haha.
Even outside of our body, we can be reminded about God! At night if you ever look up (and are not in the light pollution of a major city) and see the stars and the vastness of space it makes you feel so small but at the same time amazed that God made all of it and put it into motion and it just does it's thing. Like it says in Psalm 19:1 "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands"
So cool! Look at the beauties of nature through the vast oceans, treacherous mountain ranges, even waking up to a snow covered land is a sight to behold.
I also read a bit of Job yesterday and one of my favorite parts of the Bible is when God is describing the Behemoth and Leviathan in Job chapters 40 and 41. Those beasts sound so immense and unstoppable and to think there is something greater that made them is awesome!. Like the old school veggietale song says "God is bigger than the boogie man" haha. But God is glorified in his creation and I am thankful for the constant reminders I receive through school and the world I live in.
All the best and God bless,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment