Saturday 16 February 2013

With hurt and hope, I carry on praising you.

Hey everyone!

Today was the wedding of KM and TB and I wish I could have been there with everyone but unfortunately I couldn't make it. Weddings are such a great time. Those two will be so happy together because they have the most important thing to have in the relationship, the love of God. I PTL for the relationship they have and I wish them all of God's blessings for the rest of their lives together. So cute!

As for me being here, single and still trying to understand what that means for me and my life, I feel both a hurt and hope. I read a tweet a few months back that says the average person takes 7 months to get over someone so I guess I'm almost there haha. I'm usually good day to day saying my prayers for SM and hoping the best for her but those times I see or hear about her being with the new guy it still jolts the heart. That's what life is now though. She may have found everything she has been looking for which is wonderful for her considering it is what we all want. That special someone who we can love unconditionally because we know they are doing the same for us. I pray for SM and her relationship with MS because I do want the best for them and if this is God's plan for them both than all the blessing to them right. Why should I be selfish and want her when it is clear that it wasn't working. Who knows what the future holds but in the time being I need to be Christ-like and love her the same no matter what. Hopefully God's will has us being friends someday.
Even though  I want to have a girl to love and cherish all the days of my life, I know that this may not be the time in my life for it. I've always thought of marrying young but now as I see life is shaping up, I feel I may have a larger purpose than to just be a family man who helps people in the community. With being single, I have nothing tying me down to a certain location so I could go anywhere and that is somewhat exciting since God could do anything! It is funny though that even though I realize God has a different plan for my life than I had thought all these years, I still kind of try to hold on to my plans. I still have that relationship mind set. For example, last week there was as snow day and I thought what a great date day it would be. To go for a sleigh ride, walk in the park, stay in and have a cozy day watching movies and have a lovely supper. I'm a hopeless romantic I suppose.
With regards to God's plan for my life, I have something to share with you. Back in November while listening to T-swift's song "Begin Again", I figured to set a date in the future that I believe may be a great day in my life. In the song it says:
"I've been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end, but on a Wednesday, in a cafe, I watched it begin again"
Now I know this is silly but I thought it would be interesting to set a date and see if God will do something miraculous to show me how love can "begin again" in my life. Just a little exercise that I am excited to see how it turns out.

Verse of the Post:

No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, So I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.  - Joshua 1:5-6

I have started Joshua this past week as I continue to try to read the Bible cover to cover so PTL for progress. Slow but still progress. These verses are encouraging because no matter what is happening in my life, the Lord always goes before me and is watching over me. All I need to do is have faith and be strong and courageous for God to use me.

Song of the Post:
Already explained above and this is one of many songs that I relate too in recent months. I look forward to the day God shows me where my true somebody is...out there somewhere. In the mean time my past is with somebody somewhere.


Thanks for reading and Happy Belated Valentines day haha.
All the best and God bless,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment