Friday 22 February 2013

The rant from posts past.

Hello again! This post is from a previous post where I edited out a portion of it because I felt I was getting off topic/ it was getting long. I believe what I wrote needs to be said because it may have been inspired. So here is the "lost post" as I can call it as I rediscovered it and am posting it now for your reading pleasure!


"I am also left with the knowledge of knowing how great God is! You see, I'm not writing about SM to complain or vent or grief, I am writing to show how God works in my life so others may be encouraged. You see, after the break-up, I realized who I really was, where I was in my relationship with God, and how my decisions truly effect those around me. It was a huge wake-up call! It was through the loss of the wonderful woman SM, that God opened my eyes to the fact that I had become 'lukewarm' in my walk with Christ. I had allowed sin to make me complacent with who I was and where I was going in life. Mind you life was going according to 'plan' as I had always hoped to meet a girl in university and eventually get married by 25 but that is not how life works. If you have a plan or an idea, you can't just expect it to happen, you have to work at it and do everything in your power to make it happen while God will guide you every step of the way (if it is in His will)(Prov 16:9). Since losing SM, I've realized that I can't just LET life happen, I must MAKE life happen. So since then, I have drawn closer to God by reading scripture and praying daily (usually start my day with it) to ensure that I give time to God and be filled with the Spirit and truly be a Man of God.  
Now I apologize for the long post but there is so much to say about this since SM was my 'first love' and this whole ordeal has changed my life for the better."

To elaborate on this, I would just like to say that I honestly thank God for all the time I spent with Sarah in our friendship and relationship and I thank God for showing me what it takes to be a man in a woman's life. Clearly I wasn't all I could have been to her and she feel for another man which she went to after the final straw. As for me now, pursuing the Kingdom and becoming a Man of God is priority. God will lead me in the life everlasting which will be better than I could have ever imagined before. 
Thanks for reading and please comment with praise, advice, or any prayer requests.
All the best and God bless!
John

No comments:

Post a Comment