Saturday 2 February 2013

Skating in a winter wonderland

Hey everyone,

So this week was pretty normal. Nothing spectacular but than again, I am so blessed in my life that everything that happens is spectacular in its own sense. So this week we started Module 3 at CMCC which includes our Head and Neck anatomy course. I mentioned this earlier this week but at the end of the week, the hours spent in class and lab for anatomy totaled 13 hours! That is a lot of anatomy in one week!

On a spiritual note, this week has really made me realize how hard it is to change without God. Last fall when I dove into God because of my revelations, I felt complete victory over sin. This past week I have had those thoughts in my head that, once you open the door to it, that sin will come on in and is tough to get rid of. It is discouraging when I fall into old habits but PTL because it is amazing how powerful God can be. On the days where I wake up late, or don't give time to God, I can really feel temptation trying to sneak into my life. When I take note of this and get back into the Word and prayer, God gives me strength and wisdom to walk away. I'll be honest to say that this week was a battle with victories and losses but as long as I remain steadfast in my faith, victory over sin will come. Well actually, Jesus is already victorious over sin! So all I have to do is stay close to Him and I'm golden!

This weekend I'm spending my time at my Aunt's place in Innisfil, Ontario. It's been good so far starting off with going to see my cousin's hockey team play. He's coaching the Richmond Hill select Atom team in a tournament and his son is playing on the team as well. It is so fun and cute to see those little guys play. That is definitely something I would like to get involved in is youth hockey. I plan on getting my coaching certification as well as my Trainer certification so I can help out with a team either as a coach or trainer. They won their game last night and it was a great time like I said. Today has been pretty chill but it started off awesome. The lake is frozen here so I got the shovel out and gave myself room to work with today out there. I tweeted about it and posted on FB as well with this picture:
Isn't that a beauty! I love skating outdoors because you get to enjoy the sights and sounds of the world, enjoy the fresh air, and then you get to come inside and have a hot shower and hot drink! There are very few things that I'd rather start the day with than skating on the lake. What are those things? Well at the top of my head would be cuddling with the woman I love or skating on the lake with other people haha. Clearly the good things in life involve hockey or the love of a woman haha. God is so good! People don't like winter because of the weather, but once you embrace the beauty of it and all the things you can do because of the weather, winter is an awesome season!

QUOTE of the POST:
Told this to my buddy AR today because we were talking about relationships. It's cute and true.
"Love is not finding someone to live with. It's finding someone you can't live without." - Rafael Ortiz
For me this woman would be a Proverbs 31 woman! haha

SONG of the POST:
Even though there is little to no chance, I still wonder if there is anything left from what happened between SM and I. Even though we have not been in each others life for 5 months now, I still think of her and pray for her because that is who I am. When I do think of her, I sometimes wonder if she still thinks of me. It's out of my control so the Lord's will be done. Good song though none the less. Got to love duet bands because it is just a nice sound when a guy and girl sing together.

Well I think that is enough for today eh? Comment and let me know what you think! Good or bad, it's all appreciated!
All the best and God bless,
John

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i completely agree that there is nothin like skatin outside on a lake or even playin a game of pond hockey with friends! love that about winter

    ReplyDelete